Project Inform is looking for Research Assistants!
Project InForm, supported by Ninety9Thirty Creative Consulting, SAAAC, and Tamil Health Association (THA), is a health promotion and research endeavor that aims to encourage basic understanding of autism in the South Asian community and promotes early screening, diagnosis, intervention and de-stigmatizing disability.
We are currently seeking energetic and passionate research assistants (RAs) who have completed a minimum of two-years of undergraduate studies and/or one-year of health research experience.
Ideal candidate would be:
- Passionate about health research and mental health
- Works well independently or in a team
- Self-starter, organized, detail-oriented and innovative thinker
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of a South Asian language will be considered an asset
* Must be able to attend bi-weekly meetings in Toronto. Must commit a minimum of 3-5 hours per week for eight months *
Tasks for the RA will include, but not limited to:
- Conducting literature review of current autism screening and diagnosis practices
- Preparing research materials
- Conducting and interviewing key informants and facilitating focus groups
- Assisting in data collection and analysis
- Assisting in report and grant writing
What we offer
- An opportunity to expand research experience and skills
- Mentorship and guidance
- Reference/recommendation letters upon term completion
- Potential for leadership positions
- Potential for funded research internship
Interest candidates please send your statement of interest (approximately 250 words) and resume to [email protected]