Through artistic exploration and specialized skill development, our artists will work towards creating vibrant works of art that are sure to amaze! Our goals with this program are to support individuals with art skill development and provide tools for self-expression.
- Group session (10 participants/session)
- 8-weeks (1 session/week)
- 90 mins/session
- Wed 5:30PM to 7PM or Thurs 5:30PM – 7PM
- Student has a diagnosis of ASD
- Ages 6+
- Students must complete a program assessment and must meet its requirements
This program has been created by celebrated Toronto artist and muralist Amir Akbari, bringing over ten years of experience supporting individuals with exceptionalities with creative development and expression. The program will also be supported by volunteers with arts education experience.
What to Expect:
- Developing visual arts skills: Brush control, colour mixing, composition, layering, paint application
- Instructions and processes to enhance focus and concentration
- Students will produce unique and original artwork
- Building independent art making practices: setting up, getting started and clean up
- Art activities to enhance sociability, communication and creative problem solving
- A fun and engaging environment that supports self-expression