In addition to our advocacy efforts, we collaborate with educators and school administrators to identify and address systemic issues that affect student success. Our team works to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in schools, with a particular focus on eliminating barriers that prevent students from accessing quality education.
- In-person, virtual, or phone
- 1-on-1 session with a member of School Advocacy Team
- 1-2 hours/session (or as needed)
- Program is ongoing throughout the year
- You must be registered with SAAAC Autism Centre
- Service open to children starting their first year of elementary school to those in the eighth grade
The school advocacy team is comprised of seasoned professionals with substantial expertise in the education sector. The team together has many years of experience teaching children of all abilities. They guide pathways to success in school for children on the autism spectrum by fostering effective, positive and ongoing communication with school personnel.
What to Expect
Our School Advocacy Team can support you in the following areas:
- assistance with school registration
- guidance on understanding class placement
- help address challenges in current classroom placement
- attendance at SEPRC & IPRC meetings
- facilitation of communication with school personnel