SAAAC Autism Centre is excited to announce the launch of a Parent Training Program with a special focus on ABA strategies. This program will provide you with important teaching strategies and activities to support the continued growth and development of your child.
Below is the outline of the program and what you can expect from this training.
If you have the OAP (Childhood Budget), you are eligible to use the funds for this program. We will provide you with a receipt.
- Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder and Applied Behavior Analysis
- Pairing and building instructional control with your child
- Teaching a new skill: Reinforcement and Prompting
- Challenging behaviors
- Using visual supports
- Implementing the learned strategies
Duration & Capacity
- The program will be once per week for 10 weeks.
- Session length is will be 1.5 hours
- The program will have 6 families per group
Program will be valuable for caregivers of children from ages 0-6 years. Only caregivers will be permitted to attend in-person sessions. Participation in all sessions is mandatory.
- $1,100 for 10 weeks
- If you have the OAP (Childhood Budget), you are eligible to use the funds for this program. We will provide you with a receipt.