Department: Goodness Gift Social Enterprise
Location: Toronto, East
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Publish Date: April 19, 2023
About SAAAC Autism Centre
The SAAAC Autism Centre is a Toronto based charity whose mission is to make autism services equitable for all Canadians. The Centre provides culturally responsive autism services targeting culturally and linguistically diverse families. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, our Centre offers a dynamic range of services that support the development of individuals on the autism spectrum at all life stages, along with their caregivers
Your Role on Our Team
We are currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated job coach to join our Social Enterprise – Goodness Gift team. As a job coach, you will be responsible for helping people with neurodiverse needs to learn, enhance their strengths, and improve their job skills necessary to function in the workplace.
You must be a mentor, eager to support and discover clients’ strengths and weaknesses and advise them on what works best for them. Having communication skills partnered with critical thinking are prerequisites for this job. The job coach will be supervised and supported by the Goodness Gift Operations Manager.
- Provide support with training and on-site supervision of individuals with neurodiverse needs.
- Help build an inclusive and accommodating work environment.
- Counsel clients on fine-tuning work habits/skills in preparation for employment.
- Collaborate with Goodness Gift Operations Manager to deliver presentations to employers and community groups to promote job opportunities for participants.
- Assist in monitoring progress of employees and document daily hours.
- Assist in developing individual training plans.
- Communicating with clients to understand their goals and ambitions.
- Assisting clients to discover and overcome their personal barriers.
- Guide clients in learning to complete job tasks.
- Lead support staff (including volunteers and students) to ensure all aspects of operations have been carried out both effectively and efficiently.
- Support Goodness Gift Operations Manager in product selection, marketing strategy, fulfillment, inventory, shipping, and sales processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to adhere to regulations and standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to design posters on Canva or Photoshop and curating social media content is a plus.
- High school diploma.
- BSc/BA in social studies or relevant field is a plus.
Additional Qualifications and Requirements
- Police Clearance – Vulnerable Sector Check