Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Salary: $48,000 – $58,000
Publish Date: August 8, 2023
About SAAAC Autism Centre
The SAAAC Autism Centre is a Toronto based charity whose mission is to make autism services equitable for all Canadians. The Centre provides culturally responsive autism services targeting culturally and linguistically diverse families. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, our Centre offers a dynamic range of services that support the development of individuals on the autism spectrum at all life stages, along with their caregivers
Your Role on Our Team
As our Accountant, you will be a vital contributor in fulfilling our mission, ensuring the financial foundation upon which we realize our aspirations. Your primary responsibilities include applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. But in our rapidly growing environment, your role extends beyond the standard ledger. You will be the storyteller behind our finances, translating digits into narratives of growth, challenges, and dreams achieved. Embedded in our rich work culture, you will find room for creativity, innovation, and collaboration. We believe in achieving impactful outcomes, and as our accountant, you will be at the helm of many of these achievements, influencing decisions that drive forward our mission and impact the lives of countless individuals with autism across Canada.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met including Accounts Payables, and Accounts Receivables.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Ordering, receiving, and recording new stock as its delivered and shipped out.
- Developing and implementing an inventory tracking system to streamline business operations.
- Managing the processing and return of defective items and resolving warehouse issues.
- Using data and software to record inventory and reorder stock.
- Ensuring accurate product inventory for clients.
- Evaluate and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of accounting or equivalent
- CGA Level 3
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge of economic principles
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- In-depth experience of accounting computer applications such as Quick Books online, Shopify, Inventory Management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting & Inventory Management