Job Posting: Senior ABA Therapist
Number of Openings: 1
A Bit About US
The SAAAC Autism Centre is a registered charity based in Toronto. It was founded in 2008 with the intention of empowering culturally and linguistically diverse families in need of ASD support.
The organization’s mandate is to provide culturally responsive services that encourage lifelong development of children, youth, and adults with autism; empower caregivers through education, training, and peer support networks; and increase access through community engagement and knowledge sharing.
SAAAC is proud to be able to deliver a combination of free and subsidized programming which are made possible through strong partnerships across federal, provincial, and municipal governments along with autism agencies and private donors.
Your Role on the Team
Reporting to the Executive Director and Board-Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA), the Senior ABA Therapist will develop, lead, and support the Skills Development program at SAAAC. The Senior ABA Therapist will bring a strong knowledge of ABA principles to design positive interventions and supports for individuals with ASD. The Senior ABA Therapist will provide supervision, mentorship, and training to junior therapists concerning positive and effective approaches to preventing/addressing challenging behaviors.
Reports to: Executive Director & BCBA
- Develop client specific ABA program based on assessment and caregiver goals for client
- Observe clients bi-weekly to ensure integrity of client programs and collect IOA data
- Review client binders to analyze program data to ensure appropriate progress and effectiveness
- Supervise junior therapists in the correct implementation of programs, and routinely coach and give feedback to enhance staff development and skills
- Evaluate therapist performance and address issues to ensure quality and consistency across clinical programs
- Consult with other professionals in various settings (i.e. school, daycare)
- Consult with BCBA consultant to ensure the provision of effective and efficient service delivery
- Lead weekly team meetings
Liaise with parents about program outline, service contract, client progress and any other concerns when necessary
- Manage own clients and client binders
- Develop/review discharge reports for clients exiting the Skills Development program
- Facilitate centre wide training for ABA staff
- Attend staff meetings
- Perform admin. related tasks such as assisting with scheduling, invoicing, etc
- Be able to work flexible hours (i.e weekend supervision)
The qualified candidate will possess, or be on track to possess, BCaBa certification. In addition, the candidate must have completed a related university degree (psychology, ABA, etc.) or related college diploma (e.g., Autism and Behavioural Services, Behavioural Science and Technology, Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Worker) with 3-5 years experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis for the treatment of children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Supervisory experience is an asset.
A Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) is mandatory for the position. Candidates who are multilingual will be given special consideration. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
If you’re interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow-up calls can be made to 416-289-0100