BUMP.SET.SPIKE – SAAAC Volleyball Tournament a SUCCESS!
Early Sunday mornings are usually associated with sleeping in, getting some much needed rest after a long week of work. But on Sunday, October 19 over 16 teams (112 participants) came together at Beach Blast, the premeire indoor/outdoor volleyball facility, to participate in SAAAC’s first ever volleyball tournament. Beginning at 9:00 am, 16 teams competed for over 4.5 hours to crown a winner. It was an unbelievable event that really illustrated great competitiveness, teamwork, and sportsmanship. The event raised $1,700 – all of which will go towards developing SAAAC’s job development program for young adults with autism. We want to thank all the great teams and individuals who cam out for such a unique and fun fundraiser.
Special Thanks to the following individuals:
1. Kavitha Aryharan for Sequence Media organizing and executing the event
2. Aristo The Mortgage Man for providing the prizes for the top three teams:
3. SPSYN for providing media coverage for the event:
4. Photos courtesy of Kashfia Alam
5. All the great volunteers who helped out. We couldn’t have done it without you!